Credit: Arts Undergraduate Programs
- Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Pre-assessed undergraduate credit arrangements
Important: This information must be read in conjunction with the General Principles and General rules governing all credit assessments sections of this site.
Credit Applications forms can be downloaded from the Monash Student Forms site.
Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas
Evidence required: in all cases listed below the following documentation must be provided before credit can be awarded:
- Original or certified copy of course transcript
- Proof of course completiong (i.e. statement on transcript, testamur, or equivalent
All information below is based on the previous studies having been completed at an Australian Tertiary level institution - i.e. a TAFE . Students who have completed studies overseas should visit the Arts International credit site.
|Diploma (1 year)||
|Advanced Diploma (2 years)||
|Diploma in Liberal Arts (1 year)||
|Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Liberal Arts (2 years)||
To have credit awarded as unit specific exemptions when studies have been completed at a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma levels, students must liaise with the relevant program and receive written permission of which unit(s) are to be exempted.
- proof of completion of units that are requested as credit (i.e. original or certified copy of academic transcript);
- when requested, full course structure descriptions or unit descriptions (e.g. handbook entries and curriculum information) may be required to enable the full assessment of credit
Maximum credit that may be awarded
- Single Bachelors degree (excluding the BLitt): 96 credit points
- Double Bachelors degree: maximum of two-thirds of total credit points
- Bachelor of Letters (BLitt): 48 credit points
- Undergraduate Diplomas: 24 credit points (with a maximum of 12 credit points to be counted toward both the diploma and any other Monash award)
- At least 18 points at a third-year level studies must be completed in an Arts discipline at Monash as part of a major
- credit for a full first-year of study in a previous degree can only be awarded in full if the required number of first-year sequences have been met; i.e. normally a minimum of three distinct disciplines within the Bachelor of Arts, normally a minimum of a Linguistics and two languages sequences in the Bachelor of Arts (Languages).
- credit for a full second-year of study in a previous degree can only be awarded in full if there are at least 12 points of second-year level studies in two distinct disciplines.