Course and Unit Restrictions
Please note that this policy has not yet been revised or converted to the new format. This policy area is being re-formulated into the new Academic Policy Bank format.
Except with the permission of the faculty board, a student may not:
- undertake more than four first-year-level units in a semester in first year
- undertake more than 60 points (or 10 units) at first-year level throughout the degree
- count towards their degree more than one of any two units that the faculty regards as having considerable duplication of content
- undertake a unit where it has been failed twice previously, except with the approval of the faculty board, acting on the recommendation of the head of school
- take more than 24 points at first-year level in any one discipline.