SAMSS News and Events 2010
School secures multiple Dean’s teaching commendations
Twelve current SAMSS staff have received Dean’s Teaching Commendations for their efforts in semester one and two in 2009. The Awards were handed to staff at the most recent staff meeting.
Head of School, Professor Erik Eklund, noted that there was a large number of high performing staff in this year’s award list. ‘These are people who are performing in research terms as well so this is a fine achievement. Overall, the School’s unit evaluations are improving every year and this is a real indicator of staff commitment and energy in this area.’
Dr Chris Laming who received two awards for both SCW1303 Foundations of Personal practice, and SCW1304 Communication and Counselling.
Dr Julie Fenley, who was commended for her efforts in HPL2510 – Governing Australia.
Dean’s Sessional Commendation 2009
The Dean’s awards are given to staff whose unit evaluations score well above the average in the Faculty of Arts.
The winners include:
- Mr. Shane Elson – For outstanding contribution to the teaching of the SAMSS Journalism program
Dean’s Commendation of Excellence in Teaching Awards 2009 - Semester One
- Dr. Paul Atkinson & Dr. Simon Cooper– for outstanding teaching in ENH3407– Authorship & Writing
- Dr. Olga Bursian – for outstanding teaching in SCW3310 – Social Policy
- Professor Erik Eklund – for outstanding teaching in HPL2501 – Australian History
- Dr. Chris Laming – for outstanding teaching in SCW1303 – Foundations of Interpersonal Practice
- Dr. Debra Manning – for outstanding teaching in SCW3303 – Insights into Practice
Dean’s Commendation of Excellence in Teaching Awards 2009 - Semester Two
- Dr. Philip Dearman– for outstanding teaching in both COM3411 and WRT3422
- Dr. Michelle Duffy– for outstanding teaching in SCY3815 – Structure and Analysis in Sociology
- Dr. Julie Fenley – for outstanding teaching in HPL2510 – Governing Australia: Federal politics and policy
- Dr. Andrew Gunstone – for outstanding teaching in AIS2808 – Human rights & the Indigenous Australian experience
- Dr. Chris Laming – for outstanding teaching in SCW1304 - Communication and Counselling Skills
- Dr. Lyle Munro – for outstanding teaching in SCY2805 – Sociology of Deviance
- Dr. Margaret Simmons – for outstanding teaching in SCY2818 – Identity, gender and sexuality
- Mrs Cathy Trembath – for outstanding teaching in SCW1304 – Communication and Counselling Skills